Monday, February 25, 2019

You're Home





 I sit here and weep for my loss, for I loved you so much. You showed me the way of a righteous woman and instructed me how to walk in it.

 My heart says you are gone far too soon, for I long for your wise counsel and loving touch. I miss you...

You listened to me, not to answer me in a profound way  but to hear me, to hear my heart rather than my words.

We laughed together and cried together as we shared our joys and sorrows.

 You taught me what it means to be a faithful wife to your husband so that when God brings me to that season I can do likewise for my beloved.

You led by example by forgiving others even when you were the one who had been wronged in a major way. You chose to forgive anyway.

 You lived your life with joy even in the worst of affliction. You showed me that joy is a choice we make everyday when we get out of bed.

You knew you were dying, we spoke of it freely. You rejoiced at seeing our LORD's face while at the same time you grieved for your Joe, your sons, daughters-in-law, your precious grandchildren, and your adopted ones who you loved so dearly. You wanted to live for there sake but your body was ravished and worn out with sickness and disease, you needed rest.

God saw... He took you home to glory...

And so I rejoice in my sorrow; I rejoice in your life and in your death. You lived with courage and faced death with joy.

You can't hear me speak these lengthy words or see this beautiful rose I brought to your grave.It is cold and lonely so unlike your life which was rich, warm, and vibrant. I wasn't here for you death so I felt the need to to speak and to remember so I can mourn you and heal from my loss.

 I loved you...

 Now I miss you Mama Karen... (Karen Sue Weber)

 "Death leaves a heartache only God can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."



No comments:

Post a Comment